- 3 sticks (12 ounces) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup rum, divided
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup water
- Powdered sugar
Servings: 12 slices
- 25 minutes prep, 1.08 hours cook
1. Preheat the oven to 300 F.
2. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan and sprinkle the walnuts over the bottom.
3. Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
4. Mix the eggs, milk, rum & vanilla.
5. Cream the brown sugar, 1 cup of white sugar, and 2 sticks of butter together until it is pale and fluffy.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the sugar and butter mix, beating for a few minutes at a medium-low speed.
7. Add the egg mixture and beat until well combined.
8. Pour the batter into the bundt pan.
Bake the cake for 50 to 60 minutes.
9. Cool the cake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Melt remaining butter, stir in water and remaining granulated sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil.
10. Turn heat down to medium-low, simmer the syrup, and stir frequently for 5 minutes or until it has thickened.
11. Take the syrup off the heat and add rum. Poke holes all over the cake bottom. Brush half of the glaze over the cake's bottom.
12. Invert the cake. Brush the remaining glaze over the top and sides of the cake.
13. Let the glaze soak into the cake for at least 20 minutes. Dust the top of the cake with confectioners' sugar.