-1 teaspoon baking soda
-½ teaspoon baking powder
-1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
-½ teaspoon salt
-1 (14-ounce) can pumpkin purée
-½ cup white granulated sugar
-¾ cup dark brown sugar
-½ cups refined coconut oil (canola
oil or olive oil will also work)
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices
- 10 minutes prep, 1 hour cook
1. Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare your loaf pan with baking spray or a parchment paper lining.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Use a whisk to break up any lumps of flour.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, white granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to combine. You shouldn't see any visible streaks of dry flour (lumpy batter is okay).
5. Bake for at least one hour. The loaf is done when it is lightly cracked and golden brown on top. Use a cake tester or wooden skewer to test. It should come out of the loaf clean.
6. Remove the loaf from the oven. Let it cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife or offset spatula along the sides to loosen. Slice and enjoy!