-1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
-1 shallot, diced
-1 jalapeño pepper, ribs and seeds
-3 large cloves garlic, minced
-4-ounce block Monterey Jack
-12-ounce block American cheese,
-1 cup milk, 2% or whole pinch of
-4-ounce can green chilis
-1 medium tomato, diced
-¼ cup cilantro, chopped
-10 minutes prep, 15 minutes cook
1. Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
2. Add the jalapeño and garlic and sauté 2 minutes more.
3. Lower heat to medium-low, add cheeses, stir until melted (do this about 3 times).
4. Slowly add the milk, ½ cup at a time, stirring after each addition.
5. Add the salt, chilis, and tomato to the cheese. Stir until thoroughly combined.
6. Add in the cilantro and stir. Serve warm with jalapeño slices as garnish, if desired.