While it’s easy to buy a pumpkin pie, it’s much more impressive to whip up a homemade pumpkin pie whenever you’re having company over. The good news is this pumpkin pie recipe only requires 10 minutes of prep time and 40 minutes of cook time, and you’ll be able to master it in no time.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees, place pie crust in a pie plate, and fold over edges. Taking a sharp knife, slice around the outer edge of the pie crust, removing the overhang.
2. Whisk eggs, pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, salt, and pumpkin pie spice until combined. Pour into pie crust.
3. Place pie plate on baking sheet, and cover edges of crust with foil strips.
4. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes and then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 30 more minutes. The pie should be almost set, jiggly but not liquid.
5. Remove pie from oven, let cool. Chill before serving.