-1 cup butter, unsalted
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-¾ cup granulated sugar
-½ teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-10 mins. prep, 30 mins. cook
1. Cut butter into ½-inch cubes and allow to soften at room temp.
2. Heat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan, or line with parchment paper.
3. In an electric mixer or by hand, mix the flour, sugar, and salt. Add butter cubes and vanilla, and mix until dough forms a coarse meal.
4. Press dough into prepared baking pan using a spatula, and prick it all over with a fork.
5. Bake biscuit dough for 30 to 35 mins., until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.