This Surprising Disaster Struck Jamie Oliver's Christmas Special

In the world of kitchen nightmares, there are certain fears that are largely unavoidable. According to Tree Hugger, "FEMA reports that cooking equipment, most often a range or stovetop, is the leading cause of reported home fires and home fire injuries in the United States." Other more normal concerns in the kitchen include burns, ranging from light to more serious, spills, falling or hurting yourself on counters, and cuts from improper use of knives.

Epicurean's Answer even calls out the dilemma of forgetting you just touched a chili and touching your eyes or nose without first washing it off. They tell a terrifying story of a chili grower who "after spending the day extracting seeds he removed his latex gloves and scratched his eye. What he didn't [realize] is there was a pin-sized hole in the finger-tip. He couldn't see for the next 24hrs."

But none of these were the cause for concern on Jamie Oliver's Christmas special filming date, which is terrifying in and of itself.

Heat and hail put a damper on the shoot

What's one thing you wouldn't expect to affect a kitchen? If you said weather, you're right, and yet somehow it did anyway. Hello Magazine spoke to the well-known chef, Jamie Oliver, to learn what happened and his story is unbelievable. They were filming his Christmas special on what Hello Mag claimed was the hottest day of the year in the U.K. And as if filming for Christmas in July wasn't crazy enough, in came some wild weather.

As they note, "the sun was shining for most of the day," but all of a sudden, as chef Oliver recounted, "Craziest weather, thunder, lightning, wind, rain, then massive hail and this is all on the hottest day of the year. I just can't get my head round it." Worst of all, he noted that many objects were broken and had to be replaced, causing filming to have to stop while they assessed the damage. Here's hoping Santa brings Oliver's gifts a bit early this year and that they help make up for the mess!