Why Chrissy Teigen Went To The Hospital After Her Hot Ones Episode

Our love for Chrissy Teigen knows no bounds. The Cravings goddess, who recently announced her departure from Twitter and bid adieu to her 13.7 million followers due to what she calls overwhelming negative vibes on the platform (via CNN), is constantly feeding us with great recipes that she and her superstar music artist hubby John Legend like to make for their own family. Not to mention, Teigen is always sharing a wealth of tips and tricks to make entertaining easier and shows how the whole cooking and eating experience can be more enjoyable from beginning to end. 

Even more amazing: Teigen is not one to shy away from a challenge. Remember in 2015 when she squared off with folks to take a bite out of some spicy serranos and red jalapeños on FABLife's "Take on Teigen" segment (via Celebuzz)? Suffice to say, the cookbook author can definitely handle food with a kick. But the wonderfully relatable and self-deprecating supermodel and super mom has also shared that there was one time the heat was too hot even for her. In fact, the spice actually sent her to the hospital. It all went down on the popular YouTube show Hot Ones. Keep the milk close by because your taste buds might feel the fire just reading about it. 

Teigen wound up with serious injuries after appearing on the show

If you're not familiar with the show Hot Ones, here's a little background. Its host Sean Evans asks guests a series of questions to get them to spill the tea on a variety of subjects, sometimes quite personal. The questions, though, are the easy part as things really get uncomfortable as the guest has to answer while eating a plate of 10 chicken wings that feature progressively hotter spice levels. According to Women's Health, Teigen shared her experience on a recent episode of The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon saying, "It was bad, the seventh one really got me. Whatever number seven is, it needs to be at the end."

Teigen was definitely in it to win it, revealing she even had what she thought was a clever strategy that involved trying to lick the hot sauces off the wings. Unfortunately, it didn't pan out. With true Teigen panache, she owned up to her bad idea, further telling Fallon, "That was a mistake. Because I had to go to the hospital, and then my tongue was stripped, they said. I don't even know what that means. It was, like, bloody and stripped and I had acid reflux for a long time." Yikes! Luckily, Teigen and her taste buds have recovered and she is still able to share her cooking secrets with us.